Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's happening!! Hooray!! I did it!!

The display case at Absolute Gallery with my jewelry in it!

Oh my goodness!  After working with Kathy Holcomb at the Absolute Gallery for what seems like forever, (whenever I'm even slightly anxious, time slows down by a torturous amount... gahrgh!)  my tatted jewelry is out for display!

Last week, (was it only last week?  It seems longer ago than that... gah!  See what I mean?! Torture!) F(uture) H(ubby) went to the gallery to talk to Kathy about when my jewelry might be out.  She said that she was going to do a major overhaul on all the display cases and that it would be out the following week.  FH does a lot of that kind of thing for me.  He has a very,very good brain for business.  I just don't.  I under price my work, I tend to accept excuses to avoid conflict, and I get too mad to stand up for myself effectively.  I'm working on all of it, and someday I'll be as good at it as he is... but for now, he is my oh-so charming and polite, muscle-bound business manager.  And he's super cute, too.  And hilarious.  But I digress.

Since the following week was this week, FH and I went into Old Town yesterday to see how it was coming along.  We walked inside and there it was!  And one of the bead crochet rope bracelets had already been sold!  Happy, happy, happy!  Kathy also requested a few more in Spartan green and white, since the students are back in town and college football is in full swing.

All in all, my confidence is all fluffed up and I'm really starting to feel like I can actually make this business thing work.  How awesome is that?

someecards.com - I'm jazzhandsing on the inside.





See you next time!
Love, Stephie


No comments:

Post a Comment